Center for Climate Change – Gevgelija, started implementing the project “Improving the Capacity of CSOs to Implement the Green Economy Concept”. The project is sub-funded within the project GEAR – Green Economy for Advanced Region, financed by the European Union within the Civil Society and Media Programme 2016-2017, implemented by Eco-sense in partnership with organizations SMART Kolektiv from Serbia, Centre for support and development from B&H, Association Slap from Croatia and Fors Montenegro from Montenegro.
Improving CSOs capacities at implementation of the green economy concept
- Increasing awareness of CSOs and companies for the importance of the green economy and green entrepreneurship
- Strengthening the capacity of local CSOs for the importance of the green economy and green entrepreneurship
Target groups and final beneficiaries:
CSOs, companies and Citizens of North Macedonia
- Prepared report for implementing the concept of green economy in the companies in North Macedonia
- Improved capacities of 10 CSOs and 10 companies on the importance of green economy and green entrepreneurship
- Implement the concept of green economy in three companies with joint cooperation between CSOs and companies
- Analysis and research of companies in North Macedonia for understanding the concept of green economy
- Organize training of CSOs for implementing the concept of green economy
- Organizing training for companies for implementing the concept of green economy
- Developing a plan to implement the Green Economy concept in three companies
Main problem(s) addressed by the project:
Implementation of the concept of green economy is lagging behind in Macedonian enterprises. More often they only implement legal obligations arising from environmental legislation, but there are also many enterprises not aware on obligations that arise from this legislation. At the same time, many companies are unaware of the negative impact and environmental pollution, increasing environmental risks and disadvantages and how they can contribute to its protection, or sustainable development, with minimal environmental degradation. Environmental protection is one of the most pressing issues that pose significant challenges, both in the context of EU integration and in order to achieve sustainable development and environmental preservation for future generations. Existing economies lead to excessive use of natural resources, accelerated environmental degradation, increased climate change, and effects that affect everyone.
Main impact of the project:
Companies and CSOs to contribute to improving and promoting environmental protection, as well as promoting the concept of green economy and green entrepreneurship. To increase the capacity of civil society organizations and companies to improve their position in the local communities where they operate.
Sustainability of the project:
After the completion of the project the action plans that will be developed for three different companies will be monitored by collecting information from them. This information will be collected through the submission of a six-month report by the company on the fulfilment of the action plan.
The monitoring will be carried out also by submitting a questionnaire to the companies participating in the survey, which will aim to see if any of the companies has made any progress on the baseline when the survey was conducted.
The gathered information will be for measuring the energy consumption of the production / work of the company, the use of renewable energy, reuse of waste, sustainable resource management, and similar projects.
Duration of the project in months and period of implementation:
6 months; 02.09.2019 – 02.03.2020